Pushing Black Girls Forward isn’t just about mentee development:
We provide reciprocal growth opportunity where both the mentee and mentor realize their full potential
Service Leadership, our girls are learning how to strengthen their voices
We enrich not only the lives of girls, but also, the communities that need it most.
PBGF provides one-on-one mentorship and service leadership activities dedicated to helping girls define, develop, and defend their voices as leaders. Mentors are mainly professional women from varying backgrounds and professions, who will be matched with 9th – 12th grade girls. Please see the application below to apply to be a mentor. Only completed applications will be reviewed. Mentors are selected on a rolling basis based on need. Girls will be matched based on Mentor availability.
• Applications accepted from adults over 21 years of age.
• Mentors complete the mentorship application
• Mentors commit to being paired with girls in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grades in their local area.
• Mentors spend at least 4 hours per month with her mentee (in-person, text, email,phone or virtually)
• Mentors pass a background check
• Mentors agree to participate in a one-time Mentorship training
• Mentors agree to review and sign the mentorship agreement
• Mentors participate in planned events with other mentors and mentees
• Most important, mentors are women with a positive attitude, strong character, and a
have a vested interest in PUSHING BLACK GIRLS FORWARD!
One Time Volunteer
Here are some ways you can donate:
Let's Make A Change